TWO fire crews were called out yesterday (Saturday) evening to tackle a house fire at Frodsham, caused by unattended candles.
Fire engines from Runcorn and Widnes attended shortly before 6pm to reports of a house fire on Overton Green, Frodsham.
On arrival two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, entered the building and found there had been a fire caused by unattended candles which had been extinguished.
Two crews used a large fan to clear the smoke from the building and checked the property to ensure the fire had not spread.
One person was given oxygen as a precautionary measure.
For more information about candle safety visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/candles-in-the-home_02-10-2017_10-59-11
Ourselves and Cheshire Fire and Rescue are currently dealing with a fire on Overton Green. Thankfully everyone is out of the property and safe. pic.twitter.com/NUhB7pTOaj
— Frodsham Police (@FrodshamPol) June 26, 2021