Discarded cigarette believed to have started shed fire

A discarded cigarette is believed to have caused a shed fire at a property on Overton Close, Frodsham, earlier today, Wednesday (May 13).

The incident took place shortly before 10am when firefighters attended to a wooden shed well alight at a property on Overton Close.
Wearing two breathing apparatus, crews used two hose reel jets to put out the flames.
The fire caused a small amount of damage to the roof.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check the roof space which had received a small amount of damage.
The area was then dampened down.
The fire is believed to have been caused accidentally from a discarded cigarette.

Posted in .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *